Update May 19, 2020
We want to take a moment to thank our community for the support and patience you have shown as we all adjust to a new way of doing business. Our staff remain dedicated to the families of Fort St. John and are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to assist with the loss of a loved one. As we follow new regulations set out by our government health officials we ask for your assistance with the following;
- Please phone the office to schedule an appointment to meet with a funeral director regarding the death of a loved one, funeral services or monuments etc. We must do our part in protecting the health and safety of our staff members and the families we serve and need time in between families to clean and sanitize in preparation for the next appointment.
- No more than 6 people in the arrangement office at one time as per BC Health Officials guidelines.
- We can accommodate funeral/memorial services and celebrations of life up to a maximum of 40 people (this includes Hamre's staff and the minister/celebrant) as well as staggered visitations while following social distancing guidelines. Hamre's is able to live stream all service's.
- We ask anyone attending a service to avoid expressions of sympathy like handshaking, hugging and other direct physical contact.
- We ask that any person who is feeling unwell, any person who has traveled and any person who has been in contact with someone in this description not to attend in office appointments, funeral gatherings or celebrations.
- We will continue to offer arrangements and consultations over the phone or online for those who do not feel comfortable coming to the office.
We acknowledge the difficulty these uncertain times bring to those who have lost a loved one and will continue to offer the professional care and support families need to get through this unprecedented time. Thank you again for your patience and understanding.
While the COVID-19 pandemic continues to spread and the community tries to navigate our way through these difficult times, we find ourselves faced with very difficult decisions. Hamre’s Funeral Chapel would like to assure the community of Fort St. John and surrounding area that, just as it has been during our 40 year history in the area, we are here, and we continue to be here for you in your time of need. We are closely monitoring all information and direction coming from the Federal, Provincial and Municipal Governments. Our decisions have been, and will continue to be made prioritizing the safety, security and well-being of our staff, families and the community. With this in mind Hamre’s is sure you understand our decision to close the office for all funeral arrangement and gatherings until further notice. We encourage arrangements to be made directly over the phone or utilizing video conferencing facilities to minimize the possibility of adding to the increasing infection rates. A funeral director can be reached 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 250-785-6273 to answer any questions or concerns that you may have. Thank you again for your patience and understanding.